Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Let's all meet at the barn at 9:00p.m.

This note is posted for all of you runners out there who long for motivational commeraderie. I haven't run with other people. Possibly hinging on the fear of running too fast or not being able to keep up. Once I tried to lose Leo Sheehy...partly because I didn't want to admit that I was dying inside. I finally lost him by quickly mumbling " this is where I turn off Leo". A quick sprint behind the bank of Nova Scotia found me doubled up in exhaustion, attempting to regain some sense of respiratory composure while maintaining his perception of my skilled jogging expertise. However, having run last evening with Leah Williams and Scott Steeves, I have been converted from rambo running to conversational bliss. I met them at 9:20 p.m. last night on the Lake road heading towards the golf course. We even picked up two more runners on the way back. I felt like I was living out a scene from Chariots of Fire. When i left my cheerful group an invitation was shouted out that this would be happening every evening at 9:00 p.m. starting at the big barn behind the tourist information centre. I'm going to be there! Join us! ( it feels good to use the personal pronoun us).

1 comment:

Deborah Carr said...

It's 10:25 pm on Monday night and I'm just back from an awesome run with Hillsborough's first running group!

I wondered if I'd able to keep up, but everyone runs an easy, relaxed pace. The distance is marked for 2.5 km along the golf club road, past Burro Hills Golf Club and back to the Tourist Info Centre for a 5k total distance.

If you're tired of running alone, join us for lots of laughs, Leo's running tips (they're FREE!) and the very happy, very red, salty faces of your new running pals!