Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Really Deep Christmas Questions

The Week Before Christmas

The First Question: Hmm...what am I going to get my people for Christmas?

Christmas Eve

Wrapping Paper? Oh. I thought you said Scrapping Paper....


OK...so now, if I work really hard, can I get everything put together before tomorrow?

Sigh. How come I always cut off more than I can chew?

Why is Christmas so exhausting?


Christmas Morning

Did I get everything done? Am I really ready for Christmas?
Whew...Looks pretty good...I'm feeling quite proud of myself...



Who said giving was better than receiving?



Is that all? No more shredding?

So is this is Christmas?

Who's gonna clean up this mess?

9 comments:

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

What a sweetie! This is one of the cutest posts I've ever seen - made me smile from "here to there!"

One Woman's Journey said...

You made me smile this early morning. Also brought back memories of my much loved golden retriever "Sam". I miss him.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Christmas poses many questions, Doesn't it Callie???

Love this... the lighting, the quizzical looks.. beautiful dog... Deborah, you have captured the moment... each time...

kerrdelune said...

Wow, he is a sweetie... and he does know how to wrap things as well as take them apart.

One Woman's Journey said...

Thank you for stopping by my post.
Yes, there is beauty and everywhere
if we take the time to look.
Your dog continues to make me yearn for a new pet. My little Sadie passed away in September.

herhimnbryn said...

Glorious images. What a beautiful hound.

Nan said...

I just found your blog from Nancy Bond's sidebar. I was caught by the name! Oh, I have read such wonderful posts already. the Christmas singing and decorations and our connections to the world. I'm adding you to my own sidebar!

Deborah Carr said...

Thank you all so very much for your kind comments about my dearly beloved Callie-dog.

The love and lessons offered to us from our pets cannot be matched by our human relationships.

PS: a couple friends noted that my posts often brought a tear or two, so I thought it was time for some fun!

Diane said...

Deborah, I'm finally catching up and oh what a delightful post this is! Even though I wasn't here before Christmas, how very cheery. Thank you for adding smiles to my day with this delight.

Diane
www.albertaphotography.wordpress.com