Sunday, February 1, 2009

What if all that life asked of us was to be true to our nature?

“To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end to life.”
Robert Louis Stevenson


A tree tries to be nothing, but a tree. All its energy goes into being a tree. A tree that stands alone, in the place where it belongs, grows straight and true.

But, in the web of life, a tree is more than a tree...
it gives of itself...sanctuary, shade, sustenance, splendour.

It is essential.

Through the years, I have spent much time and energy searching for my life's purpose, but I've come to believe it's been right here all along...tucked away, deep in my soul, patiently waiting to be recognized. Our Creator, who made us in His image, bestowed each one of us with our very own unique creative nature.

Our purpose is simply to use it.



But how often is this incredible gift - this Unique Secret Self - buried in a tangle of lies and emotion and denial? I'm not creative. I'm no one special. I can't do anything right. I'm not this, not that...

When we clear the path to our true nature - the essence of who we are - we open a channel to the supernatural....we connect with the nature of God. When we remove the clutter and distraction that threatens to choke out our creativity - the wellspring of who we were created to be - then the magical and mysterious happens.

Energy flows.


We stop pretending. We stretch.
We stand tall and firm...just as we were designed.

What if all that life asked of us was to simply be true to our nature?

5 comments:

jfrancis said...

Ourselves
framed against
the blue of eternity.

One Woman's Journey said...

Have returned to reading your sharing. You speak to my heart.
Surgery 6 days ago and so much is going through my mind. Your write beautifully and meaningfully.

Diane said...

yes, that is so very true. Perhaps I had a few hard knocks too many early in life but I learned this lesson some time ago ... though I admit it's easy to slip from that frame of mind ... I need to remind myself from time to time. Another beautiful post, as usual.

Warmly,
Diane
my one-a-day photos

Gwen Buchanan said...

and doesn't it feel just right when we do..

Deborah Carr said...

I think I needed to actually write this post - put the thoughts to words and give them solid form - as an affirmation to myself.

Too often, I find myself battling that dark muddle of self-doubt.