Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The work day of a freelance writer - Pt I

Inspired my my colleague Allison's photo of her sun and sand office on her Facebook page, I thought I might share an average summer day in the life of a freelance writer ... i.e., me.

Roll out at 6AM. Wash face, brush teeth, don shorts and tank, hunt for sneakers.

Head to the marsh before it gets too hot.

Stop to smell the misted roses...too pretty to pass by...

..marvel at the way the sunlight slants through stands of fireweed...(take 25 photos hoping one will capture the precise light and shadow)

...see how each spider weaves with its own unique artistry...

When the breeze touches a web do you suppose it sings a song we cannot hear as it drops its string of jewels...one by one? Might each have a special voice all its own?

This is where I live...where I walk...where I dream dreams into words. How can I help but be inspired?


7:30AM. Reluctantly, I see it's time to head for home...work calls. Muskrat bids me adieu (he actually looked up at me).


Can you wait for Part II?

6 comments:

deb said...

okay, I'm jealous.
You live near this?
sigh....

your photos are stunning . Thank you for taking your camera.

altadenahiker said...

Delightful! The muskrat charmed me utterly.

Deborah Carr said...

Karin...I KNEW you - of all people - would appreciate the muskrat.

One Woman's Journey said...

Love your pictures. My day somewhat similar. I am up at 5:00 and in the garden for an hour.

Shayla said...

Beautiful photos.

Jen said...

wow such great photography and amazing scenery, AND you write. I'm totally jealous.