Friday, July 16, 2010

The work day of a freelance writer - Part II

The morning continues...

7:45 AM. Back from my marsh walk, but I have a quick gardening chore to do before it gets too hot.

I'm replanting beans and peas to replace those devoured by a slugfest and other hungry garden pests. See my pathetic little garden? It has struggled to survive this year. Others are picking their first beans and peas. I figure I'll be harvesting in October...

Done in a jiffy, I shower off the salt and change into work clothes.

8:30AM. Perk coffee and settle into a bowl of strawberries for breakfast.

Time to head to the office. I'm thinking this beats chattering co-workers, hovering supervisors, florescent lights and drab walls.

Laptop. Check. Coffee. Check. Thesaurus. Check. Dictionary. Check. Binocs and Bird Book. Ch-Check. Shades. Check. Telephone. Check.


9:00 AM. Right on time. Settle in, get comfy and creative. View is pretty fine from here...floral scents by Linda Campbell and Charles de Mille, soothing background melodies by Goldfinch and Mourning Dove, air conditioning by the Bay of Fundy...I love my job.

A perfect start to a perfect day.

Oops.

5 comments:

Tabor said...

I 'almost' have your life...but could hardly call myself a free lance writer.

Shayla said...

I loved these glimpses into your work day (hee- saw your toes peeking out behind the computer). Your yard is gorgeous, btw. Thanks for reminding me of what a good life it is to be creativly self-employed.

One Woman's Journey said...

Thank you for letting me spend some time with you
A lot you do - love my freedom at this time of life....

deb said...

So so wonderful.
even the oops.

Relyn said...

Have I told you yet that your blog redo is gorgeous? It is.