Tuesday, August 10, 2010

River Reflections

"I want to see through the moment to the landscape as it is, unobstructed, undimmed, each edge sharp, each surface brightly coloured, each detail defined, separate, certain, fixed in time and place. These are visions to cherish, like gemstones. But also, every once in a while, to see a landscape with ancient clarity: to see a river fluttering, gleaming with light that moves through time and space, filtered through my own mind, connected to my life and to what came before and to what will come next, infused with meaning, living luminous, dangerous, lighted from within."
Kathleen Dean More, Riverwalking

10 comments:

Tabor said...

I love the gentle green layout you have chosen. It frames your words and photos so well.

Lis said...

i cannot say which photograph of yours is my favorite ... but the one of the cloud reflected in the lake is stunningly beautiful. i would love to spend a day exploring your world with you ... okay, i too would be on that dock, pad in hand!

xo Lis

Shelley said...

Lovely me dear - lovely! What a great 'shot' and the frame is perfect! Of course, you do have an eye for these things. :)

One Woman's Journey said...

Beautiful !!!! Your image and the words to the poem.
Have a good day :)

Relyn said...

Oh, I want to live luminous. Definitely.

Sharon Bryson / Bill Wilgenhof said...

It is nice to see my "home county" beautifully portrayed.I was also very interested to see your new book on Mary Majka will be available soon. (I have ordered a copy) I knew her as a child. She moved to Caledonia Mountain, where my Father used to do quite a bit of work on their home. She regaled us with tales and amazed us with her lore of mushrooms, birds and all natural things.
Cheers

Deborah Carr said...

Relyn, you DO live luminously, dear blogger-friend

Deborah Carr said...

Hi Sharon/Bill...thank you for visiting and also for ordering a copy of my book. (Smile)

What is it about Albert County and the Bay of Fundy that raises such fond memories, connections and a deep sense of loyalty? I believe that Mary was largely responsible for making us all more aware of the beauty of our surroundings.

Diane said...

Oh wow, that is powerful! And a perfect image with equal power.

gg said...

oh now i LOVE this image. i could sit and look at this all day long!