Monday, November 1, 2010

Debi Really Rocks

So, having been a month away from blogging - and my blogging friends - the thing that brought me back to the computer, back to my creative spirit, was a note from a friend of Debi's, over at Emma Tree.

Apparently, the ever-so-talented Debi is being featured in the November issue of Artful Blogging and I really wanted to add my congratulations to her - because she is, most certainly, a beautiful soul and an artful blogger.

She has also just published a trio of articles on celebrating place in Somerset Life, and since our connection to place is a topic near to my heart, I thought it appropriate to express my pride in her with the image above.

The Hopewell Rocks on the Bay of Fundy is one of my favourite places...a place that brings me peace when I'm troubled, a place that connects me to my history and a place that reminds me of the steady, comforting rhythm of natures cycles. I go there to walk, to think, to sit, to dream, to give thanks.

To honour Debi and her penchant for turquoise - and to show that I think Debi Really Rocks - I've tinted this photo of the Rocks in her favourite shade. :-)

16 comments:

smith kaich jones said...

And I thank you for the tint! :)

I also thank you for the words, for the friendship, for everything. I have spent my morning crying over the kindness of you and others, and I have to stop; I have to get ready to leave for tonight's World Series game - my early birthday present. It is a fabulous day!!

xoxo
Debi

winnsangels said...

Thanks for your tribute to Debi. The image in blue is fabulous and I am so grateful to you for sharing it with us in this place.
Congrats also on your upcoming book. A huge reason to be celebrating.

teri said...

loving your blog post! xo

ELK said...

wonderful play on words ...

Liz Fulcher said...

Beautiful photo and lovely tribute. The rock is so fitting for our strong friend.

Amy said...

Oh goodness, this made me smile. =) I love the photo, the rock theme, all of it. Thank you so much for joining the celebration.

Relyn said...

Oh, Deborah. This is perfect. You have so many gifts and talents, including a real talent for friendship. I know we're all so glad that you are back.

raineworks said...

Great post, Debi definitely rocks and so do you!

deb said...

Deborah,
I just love the connections of this blogging life.. here via debi via beth...

and it's you!

I'll email you in a bit. I was hoping to meet you IRL , my husband is in Saint John right now on business. Next time.

And the book.is.amazing. I am in love with you , and Mary.

and so much of what made my heart swell and break and feel at one with.

thank you for sharing this story, this woman, and your eye for beauty and place .

mrs mediocrity said...

yes, she does rock, and so does your post! perfect.

Jeannine said...

So fun seeing all the tributes to a mutual blogging friend. Welcome back from your blogging break!

The Adventures of Princess Zaria said...

This is a beautiful expression of friendship:)

Deborah Carr said...

Debi - you are more than welcome!! I'm so very happy for your accomplishments. Enjoy!

Deborah Carr said...

Relyn and Deb, so nice to hear from you both...I've missed you.

Deb...thanks for the sweet comments on my book. Is your husband still down east? I will be in Saint John on Thursday!

Marilyn said...

Thanks for visiting me today. Yes, somedays I don't keep up except to hang by a string and hang on tight.

Deborah Carr said...

Marilyn, strings are made for keeping things together!